Saturday, July 23, 2005

Helping hands

Tonight, at the hospital... Isaac was being tended to by a really nice nurse and a respiratory therapist (RT). the RT guy was doing his thing -- giving him albuteril, CPAP. and the nurse was being really kind and giving isaac a massage -- she wanted to put this moisturizing lotion on him. and they were saying such nice things to him. I dunno... it just got me a bit teary-eyed thinking about all the people at the hospital rooting for him, working with him, thinking about him... I couldn't even begin to count the number of folks involved in the process of saving Isaac's life. Not to mention all the people not directly involved who were thinking about him.

After the nurse and RT left, Isaac was just laying there very relaxed. I walked up and he smiled. I didn't even have to make him laugh. I think he might have been happy he'd just hocked up a big loogy. We all were -- any way we can get that mucos out of his airways, the bETTER! I dunno, he might have been smiling because he was feeling the love.


He tuckers out pretty easily, and maybe that had something to do with a little scare this morning... his oxygen need had gone from less than a liter to three. robert called me and said isaac was having a tough time. it almost felt like 4 weeks ago when he first went into ICU. but i dunno... isaac resolved it in a short time... and he's down to .5 liters of O2. and smiling and laughing like a champ.

like a champ... man, i must be tired!!! :-)

lez go, Isaac!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home